Laser diode and application
1. What is laser diode
A laser diode has a structure that is similar to a diode. It has a stimulating medium that is a p-n semiconductor of the diode. Laser diodes operate in a similar way to light-emitting diodes. It is also referred to as intra-diodes and is abbreviated as LD or ILD. (wikipedia)
Laser diodes have different wavelengths, ranging from 405 nm to 808 nm, commonly found at 450 nm (green laser). In order to make the laser diode very complex, it requires very high technology.
2. Main Specifications of a laser diode
- wavelength, λp: wavelength of light emitted by the laser diode
- Current Threshold, Ith: Laser beam emitted when current reaches this threshold
- Active current, Iop: current when laser diode is in normal operating state
- Voltage, Vop: Voltage when the laser diode is in normal operating state
- Output power, PO
- Working temperature
3. Advantages of laser diode
- The main benefit of a laser diode is the ability to create a small laser source, weighing no more than 200 grams, so it can easily be attached to any 3D printer or CNC machine to turn into a single laser. laser engraving machine. Another great advantage of a diode laser is that it requires only 12VDC, 7-8A of common power to operate, so all this makes the laser diode a great cutting tool for DIY enthusiasts. , who want to start a career in sculpture gift.
- Due to the short wavelength of the metal, it is possible to make long wavelength laser for engraving non-metallic material. High – also known as Fiber Laser.
- Low energy consumption. Control system is simple, easy to manufacture. Life expectancy is very high ~ 50,000h.
4. Application of laser diode
Laser diode is widely used in science and life, industry. Laser diode modules are available at various wavelengths, output power or beam shapes.
- Low power lasers are used as eye-opener in CD and DVD players, bar code readers, security systems, optical communications and surgical instruments.
- Industrial applications: Engraving, cutting, drilling, welding.
- Medical applications: Removing unwanted tissues, diagnosing cancer cells using fluorescents, dental medications. Application in cosmetology, tattoo removal, hair removal.
- Make engraving on the máy khắc laser mini
- Conclusion Laser diodes are semiconductor devices that emit electromagnetic radiation and optical amplifiers to generate light. They are compact in size and light in weight, and can be assembled in multiple modules to work.
For more information , please visit : https://cnc3ds.com