What’s new in the Rust programming language
The exclusive approach of the Rust programming language results in far better code with much less compromises than C, C++, Go, and the other languages you likely use. It also receives current routinely, frequently just about every thirty day period.
Exactly where to obtain the newest Rust model
If you by now have a prior model of Rust installed by way of
rustup, you can obtain the newest model by way of the subsequent command:
$ rustup update stable
The new options in 1.46.
Rust 1.46, announced on August 27, 2020, consists of the subsequent abilities:
- Numerous core language options now can be utilised in
const fn, including
match, and quite a few some others.
#[observe_caller]attribute, intended to enhance mistake messages when
unwrapand connected capabilities stress, is now stable.
- In a change to the library,
std::mem::forgetis now a
const fn. Also in the library, two new APIs were stabilized:
- For the compiler, the
citylibfocus on can be utilised on Apple iOS and tvOS platforms.
- Recursively indexing into tuples no more time involves parentheses.
The new options in Rust 1.45.
Introduced on July sixteen, 2020, Rust 1.45 consists of the subsequent additions and improvements:
- A deal with is provided to mend some longstanding unsoundness when casting concerning integers and floats.
- Stabilization is provided for function-like procedural macros in expressions, designs, and statements. Growth of the use of macros assists with use of the Rocket world wide web framework for Rust.
- Numerous library APIs have been stabilized, such as
BTreeMap::get rid of_entry, and
Span::resolved_at. The entire checklist of APIs can be found in the Rust Blog.
The new options in Rust 1.43.1
This position release was launched Could seven, 2020, to handle two regressions launched in the 1.43. stable release. It also updates the OpenSSL model utilised by the Cargo package deal manager. Characteristics include:
- Rust 1.27 launched support for detecting x86 CPU options in the normal library, by way of the
is_x86_aspect_detectedmacro. Simply because of an inside refactoring, Rust 1.43. prevented detection of options that can’t be utilised on stable yet, even even though detecting them previously was permitted. Version 1.43.1 fixes this regression.
- A deal with is provided for broken
cargo package deal –listcommand. Rust 1.43 broke support for listing documents included in deals printed with Cargo, when executed within a workspace with route dependencies or unpublished versions.
- OpenSSL, a Cargo dependency, has been current to 1.1.1g. OpenSSL had produced a security advisory but the Rust staff was not capable to include the deal with in time for Rust 1.43.. The staff has no evidence the vulnerability could compromise Cargo users’ security.
The new options in Rust 1.43.
Introduced April 23, 2020, Rust 1.43. was deemed a rather small release, with no main options launched. Improvements include: